Bogie Hearth Furnaces electrically heated
Industrie-Ofen-Bau GmbH engineers and builds heat treatment furnaces type hood/bell
For annealing and hardening of large parts, e. g. heavy casted parts or tool steel dies to temperatures between 800 °C and 1100 °C, we recommend our bogie hearth furnaces with radiation heating. The bogie can be loaded outside the furnace. Due to the electro-hydraulic lift door and a motorized bogie (from model WS 2200/..), the furnace can be opened while hot and the load can be removed for cooling or quenching. When several bogies are used together with a second door or bogie transfer system, one bogie can be loaded outside the furnace while the other bogie is in the furnace. This shortens process times and the residual energy of the furnace can be used when the new charge is heated.
- Tmax 1000 °C or 1200 °C
- Dual shell housing provides low shell temperatures
- Electro-hydraulic lift door
- Heating from five sides (four sides and bogie) provides for a optimum temperature uniformity
- Bogie heating receives power via blade contacts when driven in
- Heating elements mounted on support tubes provide for free radiation and long service life
- Bottom heating protected by SiC tiles on the bogie providing level stacking surface
- Bogie with flanged wheels on rails, from model WS 2200/.. incl. electric drive
- Motorized exhaust air flap on the furnace roof
- Over-temperature limiter with adjustable cutout temperature as temperature limiter to protect the furnace and load
- Exclusive use of insulation materials without categorization according to EC Regulation No 1272/2008 (CLP). This explicitly means that alumino silicate wool, also known as “refractory ceramic fiber” (RCF), which is classified and possibly carcinogenic, is not used.
- Defined application within the constraints of the operating instructions
- NTLog Basic for Nabertherm controller: recording of process data with USB-flash drive
- Controller with touch operation P570 (50 programs with each 40 segments)
- Freeware NTEdit for convenient program input via ExcelTM for WindowsTM on the PC
- Freeware NTGraph for evaluation and documention of firings using ExcelTM for WindowsTM on the PC
- MyNabertherm App for online monitoring of the firing on mobile devices for free download
furnaces for various purposes. The hood/bell type furnaces can be used as
- Heat treatment furnace for e.g. rod material and/or coils
- Heat treatment furnace for aluminum
- Annealing furnace under protective atmosphere
The hood furnaces are designed for operation with one or two loading/annealing places.
The to be heat treated parts are placed directly or on grids onto the at the loading/annealing places arranged support benches by means of the charging machine/crane or fork lift.
The hood system is used in case of restricted availability of space. The execution of the hood/bell furnace can be without or with door(s).
The loading/annealing place is very well accessible after the hood/bell has moved sideward for the loading or unloading process.
A very big advantage of the hood/bell construction is the excellent sealing of the hood towards the loading/annealing place.
Hence the execution as annealing furnace under protective atmosphere, using e. g. forming gas and/or endo gas, in the original execution or as option to be build in later is very well possible.